Startseite Aktuelles Update Geschichten Kategorien Bilder Forum - Der Baum Links Hilfe Kontakt
  “Ni'et and the Russian Ambassador” by Yvory/Kiwi   (for the email address see the author's page)
Disclaimer:  All persons mentioned in this story are property of their respective owners. Earth: Final Conflict belongs to Tribune Entertainment Co., Lost Script Prod. Inc., Atlantis Films and VOX. Please don't publish this story without permission of the author.
 
Subject:  Sometimes Taelon names can confuse people
Cast:  Ni'et, the Russian Ambassador, Liam, Da'an
 

 

NI'ET AND THE RUSSIAN AMBASSADOR

 

Today the Taelon scientist Ni'et was invited to an important meeting of several high-ranking ambassadors at the Embassy of Da'an, North American Companion and was about to experience a day he may not forget so easily. ;)


Russian Amb.: “Nyet! We will need a replacement. This is not possible so fast! Why just now?”

The tiny Taelon named Ni'et came over and addressed the ambassador.

Ni'et: “Yes, Ambassador? I may be able to help you in on this issue.”

Russian Amb.: “Nyet! I didn't mean you, Ni'et, that is you name, is it not? I meant no.”

Ni'et: “Then why did you say, ‘Ni'et’, if you meant ‘No’?”

The tiny scientist looked puzzled. Liam, Da'an's Protector stood near enough to hear the conversation. He leaned in their direction, to not miss anything, pretending to be concerned with security matters. His face revealed his amusement quite clearly.

Russian Amb: “But I said Nyet, Ni'et. And I meant ‘No’, by saying ‘Nyet’ and not you, Ni'et.”

Ni'et tilted his head in confusion. Liam stifled his laugh behind his hand.

Ni'et: “I do not understand. Then why did you call me, when you did not mean me?”

The ambassador denied himself the pleasure to knock his own head against the wall, but he decided a small low cry of utter disbelief was in order.

Russian Amb: “But as I already said, I didn't mean to say ‘Ni'et’, but ‘Nyet’, which means ‘No' in Russian, my mother tongue. Do you understand now.”

Ni'et: “Yes. You said Ni'et, although you meant to say ‘Nyet’, when you meant to say ‘No' in your mother tongue, even though we are in the United States of America and you know perfectly well how to speak American. Then why Nyet, when you should say ‘No'? Please state your answers with more accuracy.”

The ambassador stared dumbfounded at the tiny Taelon scientist.

“So what did you mean by your comment of ‘Nyet' if you did not mean to call on my help?”

Amb: “Actually I don't know anymore, I forgot why I said ‘Nyet' in the first place, because of your Nyet-/ Ni'et-questions, Ni'et. If you will excuse me, I have to speak with the South African Ambassador.”

With this the ambassador turned and walked away. Liam could hear him mutter “Taelons!”, under his breath. The Protector could hardly suppress the giggles that threatened to leave his throat.


Several hours later the North American Companion Da'an and the scientist Ni'et were on their way to the shuttle bay to return to the mothership. The party was still in full swing.

Russian Amb.: “Ni'et!”

Ni'et heard him, but kept on walking towards the waiting shuttle.

Russian Amb.: “Ni'et!”

The Taelon scientist allowed Da'an's Protector to help him into the shuttle and seated himself.

Ni'et: “How do you manage dealing with them on a daily basis?”, emphasising ‘them’.

Da'an: “I cope with them!”

Liam snorted at this statement and started the interdimensional drive.

Some time later on the Mothership....

Da'an: “Come! Bo'nar is waiting for us at the resting chamber.”

That statement undid Liam Kincaid, completely. “Boner? The big error is waiting for you...”, he didn't come further. He had already enough problems trying not to suffocate while lying on the floor and laughing so hard he could hardly breathe.

Da'an just shrugged and gestured Ni'et to come with him.

The resting room looked a little like the waiting room of a hairdresser. Several Taelons waited there until it was their turn to rest and they did what was normal in such a situation, lamenting about what had recently gone wrong in their attempts to communicate with the Humans. Ni'et began to recall the events, while pacing up and down the room, that had happened to him this evening. After he finished, heaved an exaggerated Ni'et sigh, threw his arms into the air and exclaimed “Humans!”. He rolled his eyes and shook his head. “Sometimes they make no sense at all!”

The other Taelons present including Da'an nodded knowingly and uttered their agreement.

 

THE END

 

Zurück / Back

 

Zum Seitenanfang