Startseite Aktuelles Update Geschichten Kategorien Bilder Forum - Der Baum Links Hilfe Kontakt
  „Too late” by Katrin   (for the email address see the author's page)
Disclaimer: All persons mentioned in this story are property of the owners of Earth: Final Conflict (Tribune Entertainment Co., Lost Script Prod. Inc., Atlantis Films and VOX). Please don't publish this story without permission of the author.
 
Subject:  very sad
Setting:  forth season
Characters:  Da'an, Zo'or, [Liam, Sandoval]
 

 

TOO LATE

 

Da'an looked out of the window of the embassy and watched the rain. His hands were trembling and his face clearly showed the pain he felt because of his lack of kryss. He was so tired.

*What am I living for?* he asked himself. *Once Boone told me I would be the bridge between our people but I don't believe it any longer. I am addicted, I am weak in body and mind. I am unable to influence Zo'or or Liam.

Liam...once we were so close, but now there are only fights. He only sees black and white, good and bad and nothing between. In the beginning he needed me, he asked me so many questions and I did my best to help him. I felt like his mentor, sometimes even like his parent. He trusted me and I trusted him but now... there is nothing left. He doesn't need me any more, sometimes I think he hates me.

And Zo'or, my only living child. How did you come to hate me so? You even tried to kill me, don't you know how much that still hurts me? Do you care? Do you still feel something for me except hate? Once we were so close...
Zo'or and Liam, both were once so close to me and now they both hate me. Is it my fault? What have I done wrong?

They don't need me any more, nobody needs me. I can no longer influence the Synod and my next dose of kryss will kill me, and I am not sure if I can stand the temptation. I am weak, worthless, really nobody needs me. My life is only pain. I think I would do my child a favour if I die. I think I would do everyone a favour...*


“Agent, Major”, Zo'or said, “I want you to...”

*I'm sorry, my child, never forget how much I love you!*

The thoughts from his parent reached Zo'or while he was talking to Agent Sandoval and Major Kincaid on the bridge of the mother ship.

“Zo'or?” Sandoval asked surprised, “Are you all right?”

Zo'or did not react. He searched the commonality for his parent's presence and sensed what was happening. Da'an's mind was fading away, he was dying. Worse, he was killing himself.

Zo'or stared in shock at the two protectors. For a few seconds he seemed in some kind of trance but then he jumped to his feet and nearly ran out of the room.

Sandoval and Liam looked at each other in surprise, then followed the synod leader.

They reached Zo'or at the next portal.
“What happened?”, Liam asked.
“Da'an” was the only answer, and then Zo'or stepped into the portal, followed by the two humans.

When Zo'or stepped out of the portal inside the embassy his hands suddenly started to shiver, then his whole body trembled and he would have fallen on the floor if Sandoval had not gripped his arm.

“Too late” he murmured “too late. No. Not that way, no...”

Suddenly he realized Sandoval's grip and steadied himself. He gave his protector an ice-cold look that made him take his hand of his arm and slowly walked into Da'an's room.

It was empty, of course.

“Where is Da'an?” Liam asked.
“Gone.”
“Gone? What does that mean?”

Zo'or looked Liam in the eyes and Liam nearly gasped by the immense sadness he saw in them.

“Dead, Da'an is dead, Major. Dead and gone forever.”
“Dead?” Liam asked in shock. “But how, why? I mean, what killed him, what happened, what...”
“Nothing killed him, Major. He killed himself.” Zo'or's voice wasn't more than a whisper.

Liam just looked at him, eyes wide open. He couldn't believe what he just heard. Suicide? Da'an committed suicide? Perhaps it was just another lie of Zo'or. But no, Zo'or seemed really shocked and if the being in front of him would not be the cruel synod leader Liam would believe he saw a Taelon on the edge of crying.

“There is a message in the data stream” Sandoval interrupted Liam's thoughts.

Zo'or seemed to hesitate for a moment but then waved his hand and opened the message. It was from Da'an. He seemed to be very calm.

“Zo'or, this message is for you. I don't know if it means anything to you but it means a lot to me. I know you will not understand my decision but I think this feeling is familiar to you. You never seemed to understand me and I could not understand you.
How did that happen to us? I don't know but what I know is that I miss our former closeness. I don't know if you still feel anything for me but I never stopped loving you. I want you to know that you are the centre of my live. That I truly love you, that I would have done everything to protect you. But now I'm too weak to be of any use for you, to be of any use for anyone.

I am sorry, I know I should be stronger but I am not. My life became a hell and I cannot stand it any longer. I am sorry, so sorry...

Never forget how much I love you Zo'or. Sinaui Euhura, my beloved child.”

There the message ended.

“I love you, too” Liam heard Zo'or whisper and when he looked at him he saw a single tear rolling down the Taelon's cheek.

Then Zo'or turned around and left the embassy.

 

THE END

 

Zurück / Back

 

Zum Seitenanfang