Startseite Aktuelles Update Geschichten Kategorien Bilder Forum - Der Baum Links Hilfe Kontakt
  „Fragile Heart” by Katrin   (for the email address see the author's page)
Disclaimer: All persons mentioned in this story are property of the owners of Earth: Final Conflict (Tribune Entertainment Co., Lost Script Prod. Inc., Atlantis Films and VOX). Please don't publish this story without permission of the author.
 
Subject:  Story based on the song “Fragile Heart” by Westlife
Setting:  first season
Characters:  Boone, Da'an
 

 

FRAGILE HEART

 

William Boone sat at his desk in the embassy and looked out of the window. It was the 24th of December, Christmas, and outside snow was falling. The embassy was empty, Da'an had sent all humans home, and only the taelon himself had stayed.

And there was Boone.

He had been at home at noon, but had found it unbearable to be there. Everything reminded him of Kate, his beloved wife, and through his CVI he again and again saw memories of the wonderful Christmas they had spent together. He felt so alone.
He had considered visiting Augur but then he had remembered, that Lilly had mentioned that Augur had invited her for Christmas Eve. And he didn't want to disturb them or even destroy their mood with his sadness.

So he had finally decided to go back to the embassy and do some paper work. At least he could spend his time doing something useful. And perhaps there was a chance to talk to Da'an.

He and the taelon had become really close in the last weeks, Boone really considered the alien as a friend. He truly enjoyed their talks and knew Da'an liked them, too. In Da'an's presence Boone felt good. They used to talk about very different topics and while they did the human often forgot all around him except his friend.

What if Da'an would be human? Perhaps... but he was a taelon, an alien. And it was not yet a year since his wife's death.
Boone looked out of the window again. *Kate, why have you left me?* And again he lost himself in his memories.

 

A fragile heart, was broken before
I don't think it could endure another pain


Da'an slowly walked to Boone's office, he knew his protector was there. And he also knew why the human had come back. He had still not forgiven himself for not suspecting what Sandoval would do to his friend's wife. But the past could not be changed, only the future lay in his hands.

The companion reached the office and stood still in the entrance when he saw Boone. The human looked out of the window with a look of great sorrow on his face. Da'an knew he thought about his wife.

Da'an wasn't sure what to do. The bond between himself and his human friend became stronger every day, and even if Boone had not realised it yet Da'an was well aware of this fact. But Boone still mourned for his wife and so Da'an was not sure if it wasn't an illusion after all. Anyway, he felt it, there was something, something, a chance, perhaps a chance...


But there's a voice from deep inside of you
That's calling out to make you realise
That this new bond gives inspiration
To all who feel no love appeal no more
So how can I break this wall around you
That's aiding both our hearts to grow in pain


Da'an was not sure where this would lead to but he decided to at least do something to get his friend out of that sad mood.

“Commander Boone?”
Da'an stepped closer but Boone did not react.
“William!”
Suddenly the human seemed to snap out of his trance and looked at Da'an.
“Uh, I am sorry, Da'an, I was lost in thoughts. How can I help you?”
*You could tell me if you feel more than friendship for me, or if I imagine things.*
“I wanted to ask if we could talk. If you are not busy.”
“I am not. What do you want to talk about, something special?”
“No, just to while away the time. Don't you know that I enjoy talking with you?”
“I know”, a slight smile appeared on Boone's face, “and I like to talk to you, too.”

Without further words they walked towards Da'an's audience chamber.
On the way Da'an thought about Boone and their relationship again. He knew that the human liked him, but he still thought of his lost love, a part of him still lived in the past sometimes.


So forget your past, and we can dream tomorrow
Save our hearts for care and lovin too
It's hard I know, but oh one things for sure
Don't go and break this fragile heart


Boone walked behind Da'an and again realised how beautiful, but also fragile the taelon was. He was glad that his wish for a talk with his friend had come true, at least there would be one positive thing at this day.

Boone thought of other talks they had had and realised, that he could forget about his pain when he was near Da'an, it was really strange. Could it be... ?


Da'an still didn't know what he should do. Was there any chance that they could be more then friends after all? The taelon was not sure. He wanted it to become more but was not sure if he should take the risk to be rejected. He had been hurt before.


A hurting mind in need of emotion
I don't think I could endure another pain
But baby in you, I've found affection
Affection I have never felt before


When they reached his office Da'an walked towards the window and Boone followed. They stood silent for a moment, but then Boone asked “Well, what do you want to talk about?”
Da'an kept silent for a few seconds but then pulled himself together. He would not let this chance pass because of his fear.

“I want to talk about us.”
“Us?”
“Yes, about my feelings for you. I want you to know that I like you very much.”
Boone smiled at Da'an. “I also consider you as my friend, Da'an.”

Da'an looked Boone deep into the eyes.
“That is not what I am talking about.”


So don't let your past destroy what comes tomorrow
Don't go and break my fragile heart


Bonne looked at Da'an with eyes wide open. Had he heard right, had Da'an just told him that he wanted to be more than his friend? Could it really be?
The taelon seemed to mean what he had said about his feelings and so Boone decided to examine his own. Yes, he really liked Da'an very much. And perhaps there was a chance for more, because when he now thought about a life without Da'an he found it to be very empty. He wanted to stay near the taelon. He would never be able to forget his wife but suddenly Boone realised that life had to go on. There in front of him was a being that seemed to need him, to love him. There in front of him was his future.

Boone didn't say a word. He just took Da'an's hand in his, lifted it to his mouth and kissed it softly. Then he gave the taelon a wide smile.


With all this fire, that's burning between us
There's so much to loose, yet so much more to gain
And if I could choose the world around me
The world I'd choose would all revolve around you
So help me complete the game inside me
And help to mend my fragile heart

 

THE END

 

Zurück / Back

 

Zum Seitenanfang